Thursday 10 December 2009

The Atheistic Laugh.

The Guardian carried this headline, 'We don't need God, we've got biscuits
If you're looking for a miracle, try laughter. That's as sacred as it gets in this world, says Charlie Brooker'

What falls under this head is an attempt by atheists to make a mockery out of Almighty God. There is a link between the article in the Guardian and a book entitled, 'The atheist guide to Christmas'. I wonder, what the atheist will do when their day of mockery is over, when they enjoy their final laugh at the expense of God and His redeemed.

What will the atheistic fool do, when that which they covertly fear the most confronts them; after denying the existence of God, after rejecting His repeated offers of mercy and grace, after mocking His Word, to find His existence to be a felt reality?

The Word of God declares, 'Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap'. It is sad for the atheist to mock away the day of grace, to laugh at God's every entreaty, to reject every offer of mercy, and then finally to realise that they were wrong, just as the door of opportunity closes in their face.

There will be nothing to laugh at or to scorn then, when fear catches up on them, they will call for help then, but alas, eternally too late. They will be paralyzed with fear when the tables are eternally turned. Proverbs chapter one puts it like this;

'24Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
32For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
33But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.'

No comments:

Post a Comment